- Hi, I'm Ruan!I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and have been living in Miyazaki since 2018.
Miyazaki instantly made me feel at home because it had so much in common with Cape Town - friendly
people, good food, beautiful nature, and good surfing! You can usually find me out and about, either
camping and hiking in the surrounding mountains or chilling on one of the many beautiful beaches Miyazaki has to offer.
With so much unspoiled attractions, it's safe to say Miyazaki is Japan's best-kept secret!
- Hello everyone! My name is Louis. I am a Frenchman who lived in France most of his life before falling in love with Japan, especially Miyazaki!
This is the corner of Japan where I have been living since 2017 and if you ask me why? Honestly, I think there are too many reasons to explain in just oneself presentation. Instead, may I suggest you that we spend a nice moment together exploring my favorite places?
Superb coastlines view, traditional Japanese experiences and events, fantastic flavorful food, useful information ... I promise that I will share with you all my secrets about how to properly enjoy the Miyazaki way of life as the Japanese do. And, by the way, I am sure you will understand why I have become so found of this part of Japan.
I hope you will enjoy reading these articles as much as I enjoy writing them for you.
Please enjoy and see you soon.
- G'day! I'm Jaclyn. I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I lived in Miyazaki for five years and loved every minute of it.
Throughout my time in Japan I've travelled to over 40 prefectures (there are 47 prefectures in total). Although each prefecture offers something unique and charming, I can honestly say Miyazaki is still my favourite corner of Japan. The relaxed atmosphere, beautiful coastline, and delicious food will have you wanting to stay forever!
I still visit Miyazaki as often as I can. I hope to see you there someday.
- Hi there! My name is Martina, but most people call me Maru. I grew up in Switzerland, currently studying Japanology and Environmental Science at the University of Zuerich. I love to travel, and the first time I came to Japan was as a high school exchange student in Osaka. I soaked up one year’s worth of Japanese experience (and some serious Kansai-dialect) and decided that it wasn’t enough, which is why I am back for another year in Miyazaki.
The life off the beaten track here in Miyazaki is totally different from the big city life in Japan, and that’s why I love it! I hope I can show you the Miyazaki that I fell in love with, with its beautiful nature, rich history and legends, delicious food, people that treat you like family, great surf, amazing life quality and just a lot of good vibes. Let’s explore Miyazaki together!
- Hi, my name is Lukas! I was born and raised in Tacoma, Washington, in the United States. I came to Miyazaki in the summer of 2017 and currently reside just outside of Miyazaki City. I graduated from The University of Washington with a degree in Asian studies and Japan focus in 2016.
Miyazaki is truly a wonderful place to live; between its rich cultural history, amazingly friendly people, and a multitude of serene beaches and mountains, Miyazaki has something for just about everyone. Make sure you try the Chicken Nanban while you're here!
- Hi! My name’s Aoi. It might be a bit hard for English speakers to pronounce ...the meaning is the name of a flower.
I’m from Miyazaki, Japan. Born and raised. I have been living in another area of Japan for eight years after my graduation, including working in Laos as a consultant assistant.
Miyazaki, such a beautiful but unknown area in Japan, I believe that you would undoubtedly love it. Our team created this website especially for you, foreign travelers or anybody who look for something new here!
My most favorite place is Kaeda valley. If you want to change your mood or visit a nature-rich secluded spot, it is the best choice ever! Trekking with your camera is also highly recommended. Enjoy your journey:-)
- Kia Ora! I’m Julian. I am a kiwi who has spent more than half his life in Japan and 5 of those years in Miyazaki. I loved every moment of my time spent in Miyazaki, especially the hospitality of the people is something I will never forget.
I have countless memories from Miyazaki which I would love to share with anyone interested in traveling to Miyazaki. Some of my best memories are the fire throwing a festival in Kushima city, the cherry blossom forest of Kitago town in Nichinan city and the amazing food found all over the prefecture.
I will never forget my time spent in Miyazaki and I know that I will be back to visit many more times.
- Hi, I'm Simone! I was born in New York, raised in Johannesburg, South Africa and spent 4 years living in Miyazaki. As a writer and photographer, I enjoyed travelling all over Japan's sunniest prefecture, but my favourite places would have to be Nichinan, the entire Koyu-gun area, and Nishimera. Canoeing down the sacred Takachiho Gorge, walking with wild horses in Cape Toi and setting lanterns alight on the steps of Takanabe's old castle are some of my most memorable experiences. The beauty of Miyazaki, and the warmth and kindness of its people, will always have a special place in my heart.